10.05.2009

So Stella


As Stella McCartney's collection debuted yesterday on the Paris runway, the Guardian UK ran a story/interview with McCartney, discussing what it's like to live as a Beatle's child. Some highlights:

- "The beliefs I was raised with – to respect animals and to be aware of nature, to understand that we share this planet with other creatures – have had a huge impact on me."
- "What? They are heartless. They must be! Why on earth would they use fur and leather otherwise? There's no excuse for fur in this day and age. Baby kids are boiled alive. Foxes are anally electrocuted. If that's not heartless, what is?"
- "Wearable – it's almost a dirty word in fashion, wearable, but that's what I do."
- "The greatest luxury of having the parents I had was that it has enabled me not to have to compromise. In the back of my mind, I always knew – if this all goes horribly wrong, I'll be all right. That's an option that most people just don't have, financially."

No comments:

Post a Comment